[ Forum ]

Average speed indicator

Here you have suggestion for Supercopier and Ultracopier

Average speed indicator

Postby copycurious » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 pm

I have just used UltraCopier for the first time after some rather frustrating experiences with a handful of other copy utilities.
Great feature list aside, UltraCopier has proven to be rock solid, which, to my mind, is by far the most important aspect of a copier.

I would love to see an "Elapsed Time", as well as an "Average Speed" indicator.
I understand that the copy process can be paused/interrupted, thus throwing off the speed/time calculations. Perhaps the time/speed can be either session-specific, or periodically stored in the event of an interruption?

Thanks!
copycurious

Re: Average speed indicator

Postby alpha_one_x86 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:14 pm

copycurious wrote:I would love to see an "Elapsed Time"

Already done, just put never close the windows at the end of transfer.
copycurious wrote:as well as an "Average Speed" indicator

Noted for the next major version
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Postby copycurious » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Thanks!
I think "Elapsed Time" might be useful to have on-screen at all times, not just at the end of transfer. This way, the user wouldn't have to wait for the transfer to complete to find out how long the copy's taken thus far (and, perhaps, do a quick mental average speed calculation ;) ).
copycurious

Postby alpha_one_x86 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:54 pm

copycurious wrote:I think "Elapsed Time" might be useful to have on-screen at all times

Already talked with the user. It make the interface more dirty and less clear. Is not common features requested by the most of the user.
copycurious wrote:This way, the user wouldn't have to wait for the transfer to complete to find out how long the copy's taken thus far (and, perhaps, do a quick mental average speed calculation ;) ).

It's better to work on the time remaining calculation...
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Postby Anonymer-User » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:50 am

I think "Elapsed Time" might be useful to have on-screen at all times

I (and many others I suppose) think the same, it is useful for exacter time calculating if a transfer is too slow to determine if it is worth to cancel it or or continue it for example on a faster drive/stick, as the remaining time display is not very accurate, indeed better than the windows internal one but still. A display only at the end (if the window is not automatically closed) is not very helpful, only interesting for statistics. So would be nice if you would implement it. :ugeek:
Anonymer-User

Postby alpha_one_x86 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:19 am

Then noted for the next major version
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Return to Features requests