[ Forum ]

What is you opinion?

Polls around Supercopier/Ultracopier

What is you opinion about Ultracopier/Supercopier?

Very good
33%
Good
33%
Neutral
No votes
Bad
No votes
Very bad
33%

Total votes : 3

What is you opinion?

Postby alpha_one_x86 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:46 pm

What is you opinion about Ultracopier/Supercopier?
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Re: What is you opinion?

Postby Mint » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:15 pm

My opinion about UltraCopier is bad. I dislike the interface and options. My opinion about the original SuperCopier (v2.2) is very good. I loved it and miss it dearly. Unfortunately because it's incompatible with Windows 8 I gave up and am now using Windows Explorer (which is crippled, but less annoying than UltraCopier or the SuperCopier-branded UltraCopier).
Mint

Postby alpha_one_x86 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Can you details more? What change into the interface you dislike? It's compatible with Windows 8 (on my test). Have you see you can change the interface?
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Postby Mint » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:38 pm

I installed v4 a while back and found it to be annoying to use and limiting. I don't remember the exact details, but it was clear that it's not SuperCopier. Not by a long stretch.

As for the interface you're referring to, does it provide the same flows and features old SC had? Is there a trial version?
Mint

Postby alpha_one_x86 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:24 pm

Mint wrote:I don't remember the exact details

Then how improve if don't have a contructive critic.

Mint wrote:As for the interface you're referring to, does it provide the same flows and features old SC had? Is there a trial version?

The opions some time is renamed and is réorganised. No thing of trial.
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Postby Mint » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:45 pm

alpha_one_x86 wrote:Then how improve if don't have a contructive critic.

What I do remember is that the differences were too many and the design and flow too different to bother pointing to specifics. It would have been like describing the differences between two completely different applications from two different publishers.

The best constructive criticism I can give you is this:

1. Revive SuperCopier v3.0 and distribute it (without any changes, except Windows 8.1 compatibility)
2. Remove any confusing SuperCopier branding from UltraCopier and call it what it is - UltraCopier

Let the best man win.

The opions some time is renamed and is réorganised. No thing of trial.

No trial is unfortunate. I would be happy to try it, but I don't want to risk any money unless I know that it's good old SuperCopier, updated only to support Windows 8.1. If it uses UltraCopier codebase I have a strong reason to believe that it has significant differences, to put things gently.
Mint

Postby alpha_one_x86 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:26 pm

Mint wrote:What I do remember is that the differences were too many and the design and flow too different to bother pointing to specifics. It would have been like describing the differences between two completely different applications from two different publishers.

The main difference are:
  • Modularity: Mean restructuration of options, split interface, engine and core
  • Multi-OS: Then more generic options

Mint wrote:Revive SuperCopier v3.0 and distribute it (without any changes, except Windows 8.1 compatibility)

Mean: FreePascal, I'm not dev of FreePascal, and don't allow all what I need. Only low level API like C allow win32 API access. The best way is use C to allow contribution and integration into Linux, android, ...

Mint wrote:Remove any confusing SuperCopier branding from UltraCopier and call it what it is - UltraCopier

It's not problem for other user, and allow recover all the Supercopier user, ask talked with original Supercopier creator. Ultracopier is the most similair to Supercopier software.

Mint wrote:No trial is unfortunate. I would be happy to try it, but I don't want to risk any money unless I know that it's good old SuperCopier, updated only to support Windows 8.1. If it uses UltraCopier codebase I have a strong reason to believe that it has significant differences, to put things gently.

It's why 99% of the software is into the free version. Only the support is better for paid user.
I'm accoding with you to improve the support for Windows 8.1 if need. Unfortunatly I don't have Windows 8.1, only for now 7 64Bits.
The difference is due to point above. More difference will appends to the version 2. If you search exactly Supercopier 2.2, use it. Or the version 3. But if you come tell me why you don't like some change, and what change, it's not a problem for me to explain it, and talk about it. Most of the user are very happy to this change.
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Postby Atmega64 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:32 am

alpha_one_x86 wrote:What is you opinion about Ultracopier/Supercopier?

I like Ultracopier. But using tray after closing all Ultracopier windows is looking bad for portable version.
Option "Not using tray when all transfers ended" may solve that problem.
Atmega64

Postby alpha_one_x86 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:52 am

Atmega64 wrote:
alpha_one_x86 wrote:What is you opinion about Ultracopier/Supercopier?

I like Ultracopier. But using tray after closing all Ultracopier windows is looking bad for portable version.
Option "Not using tray when all transfers ended" may solve that problem.

Hello,

Can you open a topic for this and explain more. I don't understand.

Cheers,
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Return to Polls