[Outdated] Don't Delete if Caused By Copy Error

All for Supercopier
skywalka

[Outdated] Don't Delete if Caused By Copy Error

Post by skywalka » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi.

There is a setting in Supercopier to delete files that weren't entirely copied. There is a sub-option not to delete if a copy error occurred which is enabled by default.

I would have thought any error when copying is a copy error. So what does this option specifically refer to?

Why is that option enabled by default? Is there a risk of losing the original file or something?

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Re: Don't Delete if Caused By Copy Error

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:13 am

Sorry for the delay.

Supercopier is very old. I need remake all the code and check all this kind of problem.
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

skywalka

Post by skywalka » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:03 am

I hope we understand each other.

It may not be a "problem". Maybe I just don't get it.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:19 am

I don't know correctly the code for now to say that's.

If think it's apply of any kind of error.

The source is never touched. The destion is removed in case of error is disabled (more safe I think, because you don't think it's correct when the error have corrupt if -> only one kind of error can corrupt it).
In all case it's safe for the original file (open in read only, and never modified).

I need firstly remake the software and understand better it before modify it and improve it. But I need donation to pay a freelance to do compatibility with lazarus (or do it my self, but very more slow).
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger