Restart on Reboot

All for Supercopier
skywalka

Restart on Reboot

Post by skywalka » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi Herman.

In the past I've forgotten that SC was moving files & rebooted. That gets messy.

Even if I remember SC is working in the background it is frustrating to have to wait until it finishes copying.

Here's an ambitious request: Being able to reboot the PC in the middle of a copy and have it auto-resume when the PC restarts.

;)

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Re: Restart on Reboot

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:22 am

This features implie or big lost of performance (with middle risk of data corruption due to OS closing of the application) or big risk of corruption.
Need continuously save the copy list (or just save source/destination but with risk of change), will degrade the performance too.
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

skywalka

Post by skywalka » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:09 am

Some applications will ask if you want them to close when you try to reboot. Would be good to have a prompt that asks if you want to cancel copy but saves the copy list and automatically starts when Windows does.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 am

Yes but if the list is few hurge, can be use more than 30s, and be cutted before the save.

It's not impossible I think, but imply too many thing that's it's very hard, can introduce lot of bug, ...
Both into Ultracopier and Supercopier you have options to keep file date and overwrite only if date is newer/different. That's allow re-launch the copy/move from where as been stopped.
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger