Can't Organise Start Menu

All for Supercopier
skywalka

Can't Organise Start Menu

Post by skywalka » Fri May 17, 2013 2:27 am

When I try to rearrange programs in my start menu-All Programs.

Blacklisted folder.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Re: Can't Organise Start Menu

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:08 am

It's protection against the virtual folder of windows, because it product problem.
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

Bruce Fraser

Post by Bruce Fraser » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Even though this thread has been dead for six years, I thought it was more appropriate to add here, rather than start an identical thread.

Gizmo's TechSupportAlert.com gives the highest recommendation to Ultra Copier, so I gladly downloaded and installed it. And it works beautifully... until I tried rearranging some things in the Windows Start Menu (I'm using Classic Start, so even though I'm on Windows 10, the menu is just like the Windows 7 start menu). Since Ultra Copier takes over from Windows Explorer, it jumped in to do the move... but reported "unknown error." With that, it stopped, and the menu items did not move.
I tried various methods, such as manual cut-and-paste, but Ultra Copier knows all those methods and jumped to attention each time. And each time it blocked the move.
In other words, with UltraCopier installed, it is IMPOSSIBLE to move things in the Windows Start Menu! Failing at something as basic as that is reason to uninstall Ultra Copier. Unless there is a way to fix that.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi,

Yes, Qt lib is a mess, it's why I will quit it for the version 2, due to this kind of error.

Cheers,
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

Bruce Fraser

Post by Bruce Fraser » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:05 am

Brule,
Wow, that's a quick response!
Thanks for the info, and best wishes on writing new software.
Is there a way for watchers to be notified when version 2 is released? Is there somewhere to sign up for that?

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 am

Hi,

The RSS/ATOM feed is a good way.

Cheers,

Bruce Fraser

Post by Bruce Fraser » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm

Simple solution: I subscribed to the "Announcements" forum.