[UC] Reorder file

Help Ultracopier/Supercopier by reporting your bug
FireLink

[UC] Reorder file

Post by FireLink » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:16 pm

On Win Xp 32bit
- Does not perform the operation in alphabetical order, and apparently not even in chronological order.
- Change the order of the list is often impossible, but also unnecessary because it is not respected.
- You can not pause the current file in favor of another in the list but only the entire list.
- You can not delete a single file in the list but only cancel the entire list.
- If you canceled the list and repeat the process immediately (for example usb slow) operation starts but the process hangs. (Even if the files are different.)

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Re: [UC] Reorder file

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Hello,
1) Why do into alphabetical order? See: http://ultracopier.first-world.info/faq.html it do pseudo chronological order to optimise the copy
2) fixed into the next major version
3) yes because that's mean close the current file to open the new file and possibility of bug and problem
4) wrong, if you can't then it's bug, I will need debug report with the debug version to fix it
5) Describe me step by step how reproduce it
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

FireLink

Post by FireLink » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 pm

1) The chronological order is good for group selection after the first.
1b) What I mean is the alphabetical order to the first selection (or at least the order in which they were selected files)
2) ok
3) If so then it is useless and counterproductive pre-allocate space for all the files in the queue (in case of cancellation you go to step 4.)
4) Do not think I have seen that you can download. It 's simple: The button does not do anything. (Probably the problem is similar manual sorting to be determined as in point 2.)
5) Start copying some video files (eg 1GB on usb slow), cancel job, select and copy other files, ..... hangs.. force close all process to unlock.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:15 pm

1) Options to do that's is into the next major version (force use the strict same order)
1b) I think it depends of the OS, here it use well the selection order
3) I'm not sure to understand (not native english speaker), preallocated at transfer time
4) Should be fixed in next major version
5) I think see, I will try reproduce and fix it
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:17 pm

5) found, it do time to do fileExists() on the file, because at another part is in close(), it's MS Windows bug, I don't thing I can fix it.

FireLink

Post by FireLink » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:13 pm

3) The version of "setup" pre-allocates space for all the files in the queue.
- Verify an error message out of space in the middle copy!? .. Freed space copying pretended to continue but it is as if he had started from start for generating an invalid file (with error message UC). (do checksum)
- Otherwise: The debug version allocates space to a file at a time.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 pm

3) The normal version (setup), pre-allocate all paralleled file, then the first 16 file.
3a) You have an error message out of space in the middle copy? I presume the current file is copying but another file try pre-allocate and failed.
3b) Can you details more the second part, and send me a debug repport?

FireLink

Post by FireLink » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 pm

3) If possible, I'd like to set the value to my liking in the options (default = 1).
3a) I no longer happen as described previously (perhaps dependent on a particular space left in the pen usb; or version 0.4.0.14). The message that now is: "Error - Unknow error" (If I cancel the process, UC does not delete the file name size 0KB !) (If I make space and retrying the operation, the window remains open upon completion of showing 100% complete).
3b) How do you clean up the debug log? It 's too big.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:10 pm

3) add into the next major version, but with = 1, this lower the performance (slow down), 50% more slow for network share here.
3a) Space controled planned for the next major version, drop on error improved
3b) restart Ultracopier