[UC] UC 1.0.0.1 hangs while copying

Help Ultracopier/Supercopier by reporting your bug
User avatar
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [UC] UC 1.0.0.1 hangs while copying

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:31 pm

I wish know on what kind of file you have the problem (seam .exe, .cab, I presume too: .dll).
Can you try with your antivirus disabled?

right click on systray icon, about/debug, save.
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

gvvsss
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: [UC] UC 1.0.0.1 hangs while copying

Post by gvvsss » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:08 pm

alpha_one_x86 wrote:I wish know on what kind of file you have the problem (seam .exe, .cab, I presume too: .dll).
Can you try with your antivirus disabled?

right click on systray icon, about/debug, save.
I observed that it is less frequent with AV disabled.

I have saved three bug reports. They are big in size 14 MB, 5 MB, 10 MB.

Would you like me to send them to you ? How ?

User avatar
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [UC] UC 1.0.0.1 hangs while copying

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:06 pm

In html, compress it and will be better (xz cant drop to <1MB)
Send me by mp.
The warning is clear, can you send me one of blocking file?
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

gvvsss
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: [UC] UC 1.0.0.1 hangs while copying

Post by gvvsss » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:35 am

alpha_one_x86 wrote:In html, compress it and will be better (xz cant drop to <1MB)
Send me by mp.
The warning is clear, can you send me one of blocking file?
It is stopping even at "teamviewer_setup.exe" for example, which is very common...

To be more clear, I did the same copy with super copier and tera copy with AV on and off, but there was no difference. The copy went fine with both AV on and off.

Even Ultracopier x86 is not halting much with AV on. It seems something specific to x64 builds.

By the way, can you please tell me what advantages will we have using a native x64 UC than running an x86 build ?

I am attaching the logs compressed with 7zip.
Attachments
log files.7z
(394.24 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

gvvsss
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: [UC] UC 1.0.0.1 hangs while copying

Post by gvvsss » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:43 am

alpha_one_x86 wrote:In html, compress it and will be better (xz cant drop to <1MB)
Send me by mp.
The warning is clear, can you send me one of blocking file?
I tried to observe which file is blocking the copy process by running the same copy again and again...

It seems very random, every time it hangs it stops at a different file.

User avatar
alpha_one_x86
Site Admin
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: [UC] UC 1.0.0.1 hangs while copying

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:15 am

Have you test with teracopy/Supercopier 32 or 64Bits?
gvvsss wrote:By the way, can you please tell me what advantages will we have using a native x64 UC than running an x86 build ?
More cpu speed, but the most important remain the hdd/ssd.
gvvsss wrote:It seems very random, every time it hangs it stops at a different file.
Give example. Always .exe, .dll, .cab?
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

gvvsss
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Re: [UC] UC 1.0.0.1 hangs while copying

Post by gvvsss » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:23 pm

alpha_one_x86 wrote:Have you test with teracopy/Supercopier 32 or 64Bits?
gvvsss wrote:By the way, can you please tell me what advantages will we have using a native x64 UC than running an x86 build ?
More cpu speed, but the most important remain the hdd/ssd.
gvvsss wrote:It seems very random, every time it hangs it stops at a different file.
Give example. Always .exe, .dll, .cab?
SuperCopier22 beta is just 32 bit. Teracopy 64bit.
Native Win8 copy is also 64bit, it also does not halt in the middle.

All files in the folder are .exe files.

Post Reply