Ultracopier on Mac won't preserve file date information

Help Ultracopier/Supercopier by reporting your bug
peanutismint

Ultracopier on Mac won't preserve file date information

Post by peanutismint » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:01 pm

I've used Ultracopier to copy some files from one drive to another, but the copied files all lose their date information (date created, date modified etc...). It's imperative that I keep this information, so I just copied them with the standard OS method and the file date data was preserved.

Is this a known issue?

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Re: Ultracopier on Mac won't preserve file date information

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Yes know issue. Addressed to Qt. But the preivous user repport me this bug DON'T HAVE PROVIDED the requested information. Then like lot of other bug, remain open util Qt fix it or the user provide the information to do a workaround.
As usual: report debug, but for this case on what kind of file your have this bug (special char?), what is the source time, and destination time?
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

peanutismint

Post by peanutismint » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 pm

No special characters, only letters/numbers.

Source time, for example, would be 20:18 2nd November 2013 but would transfer as something random like 00:00 1st January 1970.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:09 pm

peanutismint wrote:No special characters, only letters/numbers.
Into the path of the source and destination too?
peanutismint wrote:Source time, for example, would be 20:18 2nd November 2013 but would transfer as something random like 00:00 1st January 1970.
Are you according to try with very small prog to test this case and solve this issue?
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

peanutismint

Post by peanutismint » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm sorry but I can't understand you. I'll just keep using the standard Mac transfer I think.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Have you special char into the path + file name for the source or the destination.
I can create test program to isolate the bug on specific file transfer. You need found what file have the bug.
Here all work perfectly on clean mac.