[UC] Log file not created on Windows 7

Help Ultracopier/Supercopier by reporting your bug
marcinoo

Post by marcinoo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:35 am

I've got a similiar problem to:
bug-f18/log-file-not-created-mac-t398.html

on ultracopier-windows-x86_64-1.2.3.6-setup.exe + Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SP1, the log has been being created with no problems the first time I've ticked 'create a log' option, but since then, after I've unticked & ticked it again, it has stopped working, only an empty log file is being created. Nothing has helped so far, like:
- unticking & ticking again
- unticking / ticking synchronic logging option
- changing the localization of a log file
- restarting UC
- relogging to Windows
- restarting PC
- reinstalling UC
- installing an older version of UC (1.2.1.0)

during all these things the log ocassionally has worked back a single time but the log has been created in weird old folder path, and then it has stopped working again at all. It seems a logging works occassionally first time (session), and then it gets broken.

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Re: [UC] Log file not created on Windows 7

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:07 am

Hi, can you send me the debug report:

http://files.first-world.info/ultracopi ... .2.3.6.zip ? Right click on systray icon

Cheers,
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

marcinoo

Post by marcinoo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:12 pm

Hello, thanks for a quick reply, a debug version of UC creates the log, but the regular version not.
Attachments
ultracopier-bug-report.log.7z
(8.51 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi, I note you have sync option disabled, you should enable it to sea in realtime the log.
Else the log is written only few time after close of Ultracopier.
Developer of ImageUltracopier/ImageSupercopier and of the game ImageCatchChallenger

marcinoo

Post by marcinoo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Hey, I know, but I prefer to have it disabled, as it can produce 50% loss of performance when enabled.

As for the log issue in a normal version uf UC, as I already stated before, the logs sometimes work and sometimes don't, in one UC run the logs work, and then in another one (after restarting UC) they don't.

As for the debugs version, the logs always work, but I have had weird errors sometimes on the screen, ones when copying, about pipes handles, and the another ones after restarting the debug version about an crash of the previous UC debug run, something like "UC debug previoulsy crashed, do you want to restore it to save the debug log?"

This is the one about crash:

alpha_one_x86
Site Admin

Post by alpha_one_x86 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:12 pm

marcinoo wrote:Hey, I know, but I prefer to have it disabled, as it can produce 50% loss of performance when enabled.
Yes it can, In case of lot of very small files. But will depend of lot of factor. If sync is not enabled, the log is keep in RAM/memory util Ultracopier is closed, but remain as option to very specific case. Your desired behavior is sync enabled.
marcinoo wrote:As for the debugs version, the logs always work
With the debug version, some behavior is force, as the sync option.
marcinoo wrote:but I have had weird errors sometimes on the screen, ones when copying, about pipes handles, and the another ones after restarting the debug version about an crash of the previous UC debug run, something like "UC debug previoulsy crashed, do you want to restore it to save the debug log?"
Yes, it's debug version, mean show more informations than normal user need, like interface with the explorer.exe where is done via messagebox and very verbose. If you have that's I think you close by the console windows and not system tray.

I hope have help you.
Cheers,